Triangle Transit wants your suggestions
Posted June 13, 2008
Raleigh, N.C. — Triangle residents are invited to help set priorities for public transportation planning.
The Triangle Transit Authority is seeking suggestions specifically for improvements along these routes:
- Between central Cary, NC State University and downtown Raleigh
- Hillsborough Street between downtown Raleigh and Carter-Finley Stadium
- US 15-501 between UNC – Chapel Hill, Duke University and Downtown Durham
- NC 54 between downtown Cary, Morrisville, and the RTP area
The authority is also planning these new routes:
- Wake Forest – Downtown Raleigh (beginning July 2008)
- Zebulon / Wendell / Knightdale – Wake Medical Center – Downtown Raleigh
- Fuquay-Varina – Wake Tech – Downtown Raleigh
- Clayton / Garner – Downtown Raleigh
- Pittsboro – UNC
- North Raleigh – RTP
- Burlington / Mebane / Hillsborough – Duke – Downtown Durham
- Person County Line – Durham Regional Hospital – Duke – Downtown Durham
- Holly Springs / Apex / Cary – NCSU – Downtown Raleigh
- Downtown Raleigh – RDU Airport (direct service)
Written comments can be sent to John Tallmadge, director of commuter resources, Triangle Transit’s planning staff at the email address: email@example.com, or by mail at P.O. Box 13787, RTP, NC 27709.
The complete draft of the authority's five-year plan is available online at www.triangletransit.org/srtp.
The public will have the opportunity to comment in persona at a meeting on June 25.