City of Oaks marathon causes Raleigh road closures
Posted November 3, 2011
Updated November 6, 2011
Raleigh, N.C. — The City of Oaks Marathon caused some road closures in downtown Raleigh on Sunday.
Approximately 3,500 runners and walkers are expected to participant in the marathon and half-marathon.
A list of street closures and the approximate times of those closures:
- Hillsborough Street closed from Pullen to Ashe: 7 - 7:15 a.m.
- Ashe Avenue from Hillsborough to Western: 7-7:30 a.m.
- Western Boulevard from Ashe to Dawson (both directions): 7- 7:30 a.m.
- Boylan Avenue from Western to Morgan: 7-7:45 a.m.
- Morgan Street from Boylan Street to Wilmington Street: 7-8 a.m.
- Capital Boulevard southbound at Peace Stree exit: 7-8:15 a.m.
- Dawson Street from Lane Street to Martin Street: 7- 8:15 a.m.
- McDowell Street from Davie to Hillsborough Street: 7-8:15 a.m.
- Wilmington Street from Morgan to Peace: 7:15-8 a.m.
- Salisbury from Peace to Morgan: 7:15-8:15 a.m.
- Edenton Street from Wilmington Street to Hillsborough Street merge: 7:15-8:20 a.m.
- Hillsborough Street closed from Glenwood to Salisbury - 7- 8:15 a.m.
- Glenwood Avenue from Peace to Hillsborough Street: 7:10-8:30 a.m.
- Peace Street from Glenwood to merge with Clark: 7:15-8:45 a.m.
- Clark Street closed from Oberlin to Brooks: 7:15-9 a.m.
- Oberlin from Cameron to Hillsborough: 7:20-9 a.m.
- Brooks from Wade to Hillsborough: 7:30-9:30 a.m.
- Dixie Trail from Wade to Hillsborough: 7:30-9:30 a.m.
- Hillsborough Street from Pullen to Blue Ridge: 7:40 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
- Blue Ridge (northbound) from Hillsborough to Reedy Creek: 7:30 a.m.- 2 p.m.
- Blue Ridge (southbound) from Reedy Creek to Wade Avenueexit: 7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
These downtown streets will remain open:
- Person Street (one way northbound)
- Blount Street (one way southbound)
- Wilmington Street from South Street to Morgan Street
- West Street from Peace to Edenton
- Harrington Street from West to Edenton
- Boylan from Hillsborough to Peace
- St Mary’s from Morgan to Peace
- Peace Street from Glenwood to Person
- Lane Street from Dawson to McDowell
- Jones Street from Dawson to McDowell
- Edenton Street from McDowell to West
- Davie Street
- Cabarrus Street
- South Street
- Lenoir Street