Traffic - I-40 and S. Saunders St.
As Fortify crews continue to ramp up construction on Interstate 40, more big changes are on tap Friday for the South Saunders Street exit in south Raleigh.
A week after shutting down Exit 298-A for drivers on I-40 West, crews will shut down Exit 298-B (U.S. Highway 70/401/N.C. Highway 50) for those headed east on the highway.
Weather permitting, the closure will begin Friday night. State Department of Transportation officials said the exit will remain closed for about a year to allow crews to work on the bridge and interchange.
Don't Miss It
New bus routes available Jan. 12
Fortify asphalt plant nearing completion
NCDOT I-40/I-440 rebuild website
Fuel Tracker: Find lowest gas prices
On-Time Traffic: Road speeds, accidents
Live Triangle traffic cams
Streaming traffic camera video
Follow WRAL traffic on Twitter
North Carolina Travel Information
- Fortify lane shifts begin on I-40 West as work ramps up
- Local leaders hope Fortify project puts spotlight on public transit options
- South Saunders ramp work means detours for Raleigh drivers
- NCDOT urges drivers to plan summer routes around Fortify project
- Fortify work to close South Saunders Street exit for several months
- Crews putting final touches on I-440 West in Fortify zone
- Crews nearly done with I-440 part of Fortify project
- Traffic pattern changes on tap in Fortify zone south of Raleigh
- Weekend ramp closure planned on I-440 in east Raleigh
- Winter weather puts paving on hold in Fortify work zone
- View More »
- Car slams into limo stopped on I-40 East
- Woods fire clogs traffic on I-40W in Johnston County
- DOT crews train for clearing I-40/I-440 rebuild gridlock
- Crash slows evening commute on I-40 near Wade Avenue
- Road work slows morning rush on I-440
- I-440 West reopens in Raleigh after pedestrian death
- View More »
- Trees fall victim to Fortify road project
- Raleigh synching signals to ease traffic flow
- DOT's 'Fortify' project to have 'significant' impact on Wake schools
- 'Fortify' lane closures slow I-40 commute from Johnston
- Wake Tech prepares for highway project
- DOT digs into decay under I-40
- Johnston Co. emergency officials bracing for Raleigh I-40/I-440 overhaul
- Raleigh's I-40/I-440 overhaul will affect Johnston EMS
- Construction to clog interstate in Raleigh for three years
- View More »
Triangle Area Special Offers
- Click Here to Search All Triangle Homes for Sale
- Click to See All CONTESTS available from WRAL.com
- Move-in ready homes across the Triangle available from Lennar! Click to view inventory.
- Quick move-in homes ready now, from the #1 Homebuilder in the Triangle! View Lennar homes.
- 2015 Nissan Altima s $229/month with no down payment or 0% for 72 months