Toys"R"Us, Babies"R"Us to celebrate grand opening in north Raleigh this week
Posted October 28, 2012
Updated October 29, 2012
Just in time for Christmas shopping, the new Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us store in north Raleigh is scheduled to mark its grand opening Friday. (UPDATE: The store is open now, Go Ask Mom readers tell me).
The store is located at 7810 Poyner Pond Circle, off Sumner Boulevard and across from Triangle Town Center. It sits between the strip with Old Navy and SuperTarget and the smaller strip with Shane's Rib Shack and Five Below, among other businesses.
The new store combines both brands under one roof, as they've done at the store at Crossroads Plaza in Cary. But the new store, at 59,000 square feet, is bigger than the Cary store, which is about 45,000 square feet. The new location replaces the Capital Boulevard Babies"R"Us, which closed at the end of May and was 39,000 square feet.
The combined store is part of the company's strategy that it has been rolling out across the country since 2006.
The grand opening weekend will feature savings, giveaways, kid-friendly activities and visits from popular costumed characters starting Nov. 2 and running to Nov. 4. As part of the opening, the Toys“R”Us Children’s Fund will make a $10,000 grant to Make-A-Wish Eastern North Carolina to support wish fulfillment.
The store also apparently has some sustainable features that include a custom daylight harvesting system with components such as skylights, cutting-edge dimmable fixtures and lighting sensors that reduce up to 50 percent of electric lighting energy used during the day.
Here's the schedule of weekend activities:
- Arts and Crafts time will be held on Friday, Nov. 2, at 10 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- Story time will take place Nov. 2 to Nov. 4 at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Costumed characters and special guests, including Muno from Yo Gabba Gabba! and Geoffrey the Giraffe, will make appearances Nov. 2 to Nov. 4 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.; additionally, on Nov. 3 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Barbie and Spider-Man visit the store,
- Giveaways include Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us-branded lunch bags, coloring books and crayons, while supplies last.
As you can imagine, the store will be having some sales to lure customers. Here are the deals offered during grand opening weekend:
- Buy One, Get One 40% Off on ALL Crayola Arts and Crafts
- Save $20 on ALL Y-Volution YGlider Scooters
- Buy One, Get One 50% Off on ALL Hot Wheels and Matchbox KidsPicks
- Buy One, Get One Free on ALL Carter’s Clothing
- Save 15% on ALL Motorola Monitors
Coupons also will be offered in-store, as well as sent via direct mail, newspaper inserts and e-blasts, to use during the big weekend. They include:
- Save $5 on your purchase of $25 or more
- Free Umbrella Stroller with your baby gear purchase of $75 or more
- Save $20 on ANY regular-priced character bike and helmet