Raleigh, N.C. — Hopscotch Music Fest is this week in downtown Raleigh. If you haven't been, it is a great experience. Here are some tips from the Hopscotch organizers to help you enjoy the festival even more:
- Wear comfortable shoes. You will be on your feet a lot going from venue to venue.
- Make sure to stay hydrated and enjoy local cuisine.
- Write down where you are parked on a sheet of paper and put it in your pocket. Whether you take a bike or car, you are going to be hitting a lot of shows in different locations. Don't want to forget where you parked! And if you have one too many adult beverages along the way - take a taxi!
- Carry a copy of the printed schedule with you. It will come in handy if your phone dies and you need to hit up a charging station. Also, it is fun to compare notes with other Hopscotchers on what shows you are headed to.
- If you can't get in to see the band you wanted to see, don't sweat it. Go somewhere else and discover a new band.
- Charge your phone at Lenovo charging stations. This three-time Hopscotch sponsor will have stations outside of CAM Raleigh in the warehouse district and in the City Plaza main stage. The stations are individually locked cabinets. Just drop your phone off and grab a key. When done, get your phone, leave the key and keep Hopscotching!
- Make sure to plan to attend shows of bands you might not get a chance to see again soon and if you have one or two bands you absolutely must see, get to that venue before there scheduled start time.
- Bring cash.
- Hotels have clean bathrooms.
Did they miss anything, veteran Hopscotchers? Give us your suggestions for first-time Hopscotch Music Festival goers in the comments section to the right.