Tickets for disney’s ‘frozen: the broadway musical’ now on sale
Posted August 14
Updated September 7
Calling all “Frozen” fanatics! Tickets to Disney’s “Frozen: The Broadway Musical” are now for sale! This is not a drill!
The news broke on social media, of course.
Tickets are now officially on sale! https://t.co/W1kTfyXp2w
- Frozen (@FrozenBroadway) August 14, 2017
According to Ticketmaster listings, performances begin on Feb. 22, 2018. Let the official countdown begin!
Producer Jordan Roth even captured the exact moment the sign went up outside the St. James Theatre in New York where the musical will have its run.
But how much money do you need to spend to get a ticket for what promises to be a popular show? As of now, ticket prices breakdown like this:
- Orchestra seating: $79.50 to $177.50
- Mezzanine seating: $99.50 to $177.50
- Balcony seating: $99.50
Of course, this could change depending on the level of demand to see the new Disney show, which we are guessing will be pretty high. The stage musical promises even bigger and better things for audiences than the movie.
According to the official trailer, the musical has 21 songs. The original “Frozen” movie had just seven, so composers Kristen Anderson Lopez and Robert Lopez got busy creating songs to explore the story further.
“Frozen: The Musical” debuts its out-of-town preview in Denver starting Aug. 17, 2017. The show runs through Oct. 1 at the Buell Theater in the Denver Center for the Performing Arts.
Who’s Who In “Frozen: The Broadway Musical?”
So, who’s playing the iconic “Frozen” roles? Casting for the musical brings together a wide range of talent from Broadway and beyond.
The show’s leads include:
- Caissie Levy plays Queen Elsa. The theater veteran has numerous credits to her name including “Les Miserables,” “Ghost,” “Hair” and “Wicked,” where she played Elphaba, the witch.
- Patti Murin, playing Anna, also has a variety of Broadway roles under her belt. These include “Wicked” (Glinda), “Xanadu,” and Lysistrata Jones.
- Jelani Alladin takes on the role of Kristoff. “Frozen” will be his Broadway debut. However, he’s been on stage Off-Broadway in “Sweetee,” and “Don’t Bother Me, I Can’t Cope.”
- Greg Hildreth portrays Olaf the adorable snowman. His acting credits include Broadway stints in “Rogers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella,” “Peter and the Starcatcher,” and TV roles in “The Good Wife” and “Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.”
- John Riddle plays Hans. He performed in Broadway’s “The Visit” with Chita Rivera. He’s also had Disney acting experience before playing Prince Eric in “The Little Mermaid.”
Fans visit the official website for “Frozen: The Broadway Musical” for ticket information and other news!