Ready for Rolling Stones? Plan for traffic, parking, tailgate
Posted June 29, 2015
Updated July 1, 2015
Raleigh, N.C. — The Rolling Stones will visit Carter-Finley Stadium Wednesday night as part of their 50th anniversary “Zip Code” tour. An estimated 40,000 fans are expected to attend the show.
Raleigh has hosted the Stones three previous times – 1965 at Reynolds Coliseum and in 1989 and 1994 at Carter-Finley Stadium. Mick Jagger and company most recently visited the Triangle in 2005, when they played at Duke University’s Wallace Wade Stadium.
U2 was the last band to play at Carter-Finley Stadium, back in 2009.
The Avett Brothers will open for the Rolling Stones Wednesday night and are scheduled to take the stage at 8 p.m. Carter-Finley stadium. Gates will open about 6 p.m.
Will call will be open on Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., located at the PNC Arena box office. The Ammons Family Ticket Center, located at Gate 4 of Carter-Finley Stadium, will open at 6 p.m. to assist fans with resolving seat issues.
Tickets are still available and can be purchased at rollingstones.com, the PNC Arena box office and all Ticketmaster outlets.
Event parking lots will open at 4 p.m. All parking is general admission and will cost $20 for cars, $50 for buses and RVs. Cash and credit cards will both be accepted.
Taxis and Uber drivers can pick up and drop off at the Fairgrounds reserved parking lot, located at the corner of Trinity Road and Youth Center Drive.
All alcoholic beverages are prohibited inside of Carter-Finley Stadium. Persons of legal age may consume “malt beverages and unfortified wine” in the Carter-Finley parking lots. However, kegs, hard and mixed liquor are prohibited in the parking lots.
Visitors are asked to carry a picture ID if consuming alcohol in the parking lots.
Alcohol will not be sold at the event.
Carter-Finley Stadium is a non-smoking venue. Smoking in any form, including “vaping” and e-cigarettes is prohibited and will result in ejection from the event.
Take Exit #289 Edwards Mill Road
- Take the Edwards Mill Road exit (Brown Arrows)
- Turn into Gate E off of Edwards Mill Road to enter the parking lots
- If the Edward Mill Road begins to back up, please continue straight Gate H to enter the parking lots (Yellow Arrows)
- If Gate H begins to back up, please continue straight to the Blue Ridge Road exit and use Gate F to enter the parking lots (Pink Arrows)
Take Exit #290 onto NC Highway 54
- Turn left onto Edwards Mill Road then right onto Trinity Road. Use Gate C to enter the parking lots. (Red Arrows)
- Turn left onto Youth Center Drive and continue straight across Trinity Road and use Gate B to enter the parking lots. (Red Arrows)
Note: As part of the NCDOT’s Fortify project, road work is underway on the Raleigh portion of I-40, and some lanes along the 8.5-mile stretch of highway have been shifted in advance of construction. As a result, there could be longer travel times on I-40. Drivers who choose to take I-40 will also be dealing with rush-hour traffic in the area and might want to allow extra time to get to the stadium.
I-440 West/Wade Avenue West
Take Exit #4-B onto Wade Avenue
Use the Blue Ridge Road exit and enter the parking lots through Gate F (Pink Arrows)
US-1 North/I-440 West
- Take the NC Highway 54/Hillsborough Street exit toward Meredith College
- Turn right onto Hillsborough Street
- Turn right onto Blue Ridge Road
- Turn left onto Trinity Road and use Gate G to enter the parking lots or enter the fairgrounds parking lots on your left. (Purple Arrows)
Visit the NC State Athletics’ website for further concert details.