If preparing, cooking and cleaning all day on Thanksgiving doesn't sound appealing, why not go out to eat this year? Many Triangle restaurants are offering special Thanksgiving menus so you can focus on relaxing with your family. Make your reservations soon; these restaurants will fill up fast!
- Margaux in North Raleigh is offering a special Thanksgiving buffet from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. The buffet is $37.95 per person and half price for children 10 and under. Call 919-846-9846 for reservations.
- Flights in North Hills is hosting a family-style dinner with plenty of options from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. Along with the usual turkey main course, choose four sides from their extensive list, including fresh corn hush puppies, cranberry orange relish, smoked cheddar macaroni and cheese, sweet potato casserole with marshmallows and more. The price is $30 per person and half price for children 12 and under. Call 919-278-1478 for reservations.
- The Irregardless Cafe in downtown Raleigh is offering both dine-in and take-out services for Thanksgiving. Take-out meals can feed 6-8 people and are $90 plus tax. Seating for dine-in is from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.; call 919-833-8898 for reservations.
- Elements will offer a special Thanksgiving menu in addition to their regular dinner menu from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Their delicious selections include New England clam chowder, cranberry apple chutney, roasted acorn squash, garlic mashed potatoes and assorted pies. Thanksgiving dinner is $35 per person. Call 919-537-8780 for reservations.
- Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen has organized a three-course prix fixe menu for $27 per person in addition to the regular dinner menu. They're serving creamy parsnip soup, smoked turkey breast with traditional sides and pumpkin pie for dessert from 11:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Call 919-233-1632 for reservations.
- Rockwell's is offering a dinner buffet from noon to 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving for $30 per person ($13 for children 10 and under). Call 919-459-5880 for reservations.
- Maggiano's is putting an Italian spin on this American holiday. Traditional turkey and ham will be served, along with your choice of appetizers, sides and desserts: bruschetta, Focaccia sausage stuffing, baked ziti and pumpkin praline cheesecake are all options. The Thanksgiving menu is $36.95 per person and $17.95 for children ages 5 to 12. Call 919-572-0070 for reservations.
- Girasole Trattoria will have a Thanksgiving buffet on Thanksgiving afternoon. Delicious offerings include pumpkin bisque, Yukon Gold puree, green bean casserole, and of course, herb roasted turkey and honey glazed ham. Dinner is $26 per person, and $10 for children ages 5 to 12. Call 919-569-6714 for reservations.
- Print Works is offering a four-course prix fixe menu for $45 (children 10 and under can have a three-course meal for $16) along with their full dinner menu. Traditional turkey is an option, along with turkey scaloppini cordon bleu, butternut bisque, baked brie and bruleed lemon tart. The restaurant will be open from noon to 8 p.m.; call 336-379-0699 for reservations.
- Green Valley Grill will be offering Thanksgiving-To-Go this year. Take a break from the hot kitchen and enjoy Chef Leigh Hesling's amazing rotisserie turkey at home. Place your order by 10 p.m. on Monday, November 19, 2012, and then stop by on Thanksgiving Day (10 a.m.-3 p.m.) to pick up your wood-fired, rotisserie-roasted turkey with all the trimmings, including sides, salads, bread and dessert. To learn more or to place your order call 336-854-2015.