Chapel Hill, N.C. — We are less than a month away from TASTE The Event, a five-day food and beverage festival held at various locations in Durham and Chapel Hill.
In its first season, TASTE The Event will take place annually, with additional events being held throughout the year.
Everything kicks off Wednesday, April 23, with an opening night cocktail reception at TOPO Distillery in Chapel Hill. The night will include drinks made with TOPO spirits and hors d'oeuvres.
The following night it is the Grand TASTE Experience, the fest's signature event, at the Durham Performing Arts Center. Sample wine, beer, spirits and food from dozens of local chefs and beverage purveyors. A portion of ticket sales and proceeds from the silent auction that night will be donated the Durham branch of the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina.
Here's a rundown of the events:
- Wednesday, April 23: Opening Night Cocktail Reception at 5 p.m. at TOPO Distillery in Chapel Hill
- Thursday, April 24: Grand TASTE Experience from 6-9 p.m. at DPAC
- Friday, April 25: TASTE of Italy Wine Dinner at Il Palio Ristorante
- Friday, April 25: Drinks and Dessert at The Piedmont
- Saturday, April 26: Farmers Market Shop, Cook and Taste with Chefs Katie Colman and Gwenn Cummings Maller at Durham Farmers Market and Durham Spirits Company
- Saturday, April 26: Chef Ricky Moore and Chef Adam Rose pair with two wine masters at Black Market Restaurant at Straw Valley in Durham
- Sunday, April 27: Family-friendly Gospel Brunch at Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill
- Sunday, April 27: Bluegrass, Brews and BBQ Buffet Dinner at Weathervane in Chapel Hill
TASTE 2014 is presented by Durham Magazine and Chapel Hill Magazine.