Swagbucks making exciting changes to gift card redemptions!
Posted January 30, 2015
Updated January 31, 2015
Swagbucks.com is making some big changes to the gift card redemption options and I am really excited about them! With these changes, we'll be able to score bigger gift cards for less Swag Bucks! These changes begin on March 2, 2015.
Here are the details:
- Starting March 2nd, you will be able to redeem 2,200 Swag Bucks for one $25 Gift Card OF YOUR CHOICE once a month. This gift card discount only excludes PayPal and Gas Cards. That's a savings of 300 Swag Bucks!
- They are introducing a new $3 Amazon Gift Card which is only 300 SB.
- To accommodate these benefits, they will no longer offer $5 Amazon Gift Cards for 450 SB. They are not going away though, as they will be priced the same as the other $5 Gift Cards at 500 SB. Currently, you are only able to redeem five $5 Amazon gift cards a month. By making these changes they can now remove this limit. AND the Amazon GC's are part of the new lower priced $25 gift card option so getting the $25 gift card with the monthly discount is actually cheaper than getting 5 of the Amazon gift cards for 450 Swag Bucks each!!
Some additional benefits include:
1. Greater Savings - If you previously redeemed five $5 Amazon Gift Cards, you were spending 2250 SB. Now you can get the same $25 worth of Amazon Gift Cards for 2200 SB, a 20% higher discount!
2. More Choices - Right now, the only gift card they currently discount every day is Amazon. This introduction offers you a discount on over 100 gift card choices of your favorite brands, stores, retailers, and restaurants - brands like CVS, Walmart, Visa, Target, Starbucks, Ebay, Best Buy and more!
3. Faster Redemptions - The $3 Amazon Gift Card allows you to get an Amazon Gift Card 33% faster than is currently possible. To expand the options for speedier gift card redemptions, we also plan on offering more low denomination Gift Cards of other brands in the coming months.
These changes in no way affect the way you earn Swag Bucks. Nor do they affect how many Swag Bucks you can earn anywhere on the site. The changes only affect the way you can redeem your Swag Bucks.
Since I usually redeem my Swag Bucks for CVS gift cards, I am very happy about these changes. Now I can get a $25 gift card every time I reach 2200 Swag Bucks instead of having to wait until I reach 2500 Swag Bucks!
What do you think about the upcoming changes?
New to Swagbucks?
If you don't know about Swagbucks yet, it's the largest rewards website that gives people free gift cards for the things they do online. You earn points (called Swag Bucks) for online activities and then you can cash them in for gift cards to places like CVS, Amazon, Starbucks and many more options!
How do you get these super Swag Bucks? Each time you need to search for something online, use the Swagbucks search engine on their website (instead of Google). I actually have the Swagbucks toolbar installed on my desktop and it places a search box right on my screen making it super easy to search. Every once in a while, they award Swag Bucks just for doing the searches I used to do using Google. There are also a number of other ways to earn Swag Bucks including taking surveys, answering polls, watching videos, playing games, referring friends, using their online shopping portal, special Swag Code events and more.
Swagbucks also posts additional bonus codes on their Facebook, Twitter and blog pages each day. When a Smart Shopper reader finds a code (usually one per day), they post it here on the blog so we can all get it. The codes are only valid for a couple hours usually. Once you find a code, you then copy and paste the code into the Swag Code box at the top of the homepage of Swagbucks HERE . Look for the circle with the words Swag Code next to it.
New member bonus Swagbucks sign-up code!
It's free to sign up for Swagbucks and only takes a minute. New members usually get 30 Swagbucks when you sign up HERE and right now, you can score an additional 70 Swag Bucks for a total of 100 Swag Bucks! To get the bonus Swag Bucks, click the text that reads "I have a sign up code" during registration and then enter the code: SMARTSHOPPER to get the bonus. Make sure you use all caps since it is case sensitive.
This post contains affiliate links and I appreciate your using them!