Suspicious item removed from downtown Raleigh
Posted November 10, 2016
Raleigh, N.C. — Several downtown Raleigh streets were closed to traffic Thursday night after suspicious item was found in the 200 block of South Salisbury Street.
At least four streets closed at about 7:30 p.m. but reopened at about 11 p.m. after police said the item had been collected and transported from the area.
Authorities did not say what the suspicious item may have been.
Derrick Black works at a restaurant in the blocked off area and watched the situation unfold.
"We noticed some cops setting up around 7:30. About an hour later, they were telling folks it was kind of a dangerous situation perhaps, so that is when they told us we should probably evacuate," he said.