Local News

Students Briefly Evacuated at Enloe H.S.

Posted September 21, 2007

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— An electrical short forced the evacuation of students at Enloe High School Friday morning.

Chip Sudderth, Wake County schools spokesman, said an electrical short occurred around 7:30 a.m. in the intercom system, causing smoke to come out of the school's communication room.

Teachers and students were briefly evacuated as fire crews conducted an investigation. Students returned to classes at around 8 a.m.

There were no reports of any injuries.

1 Comment

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all
  • Lissa13082 Sep 21, 2007

    I went to Enloe and was very active in the communications/productions department. I guess all the old equipment they have in there finally gave up! I hope nothing was damaged, that is such an awesome program available to High Schoolers!