Local News

Sprinklers extinguish small fire at Holiday Inn in Raleigh

Posted November 28, 2013
Updated November 29, 2013

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

Map

— Dozens of firefighters and rescue crews responded to a hotel near Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh Thursday evening after a fire started in one of the rooms. 

According to investigators, the fire started in a heating and air unit inside a room at the Holiday Inn at 4100 Glenwood Avenue about 9 p.m. 

The fire was extinguished by sprinklers in the room, officials said. No damage was caused by the fire, but some of the building sustained water damage.

There were no immediate reports of injuries, and those staying at the hotel were allowed back inside shortly after the alarms were activated.

Justin Kintzel of Lynchburg, Va., was staying in the hotel.

"I heard some water dripping and got up to check it. I saw there was some water coming down from the ceiling," he said. "I woke up my wife and asked her what I should do. (I) saw fire trucks outside."

Comments

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all