Local News

Spilled bleach spells evacuation at Raleigh retirement home

Posted October 9, 2008

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— A bleach spill in the laundry room of a Raleigh retirement home led to evacuation Thursday morning for residents.

According to police, the fumes affected a few people at Springmoor Life Care Retirement Community at 1500 Sawmill Road. They were treated at the scene.

Others who lived near the laundry room were briefly asked to exit the building.

4 Comments

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • TeresaBee Oct 9, 2008

    I had no idea there was a retirement home on Sawmill. I can't picture it in my mind at all and I live up the street from there. I must take a closer look next time I am on that road.

  • pom mom Oct 9, 2008

    of course hazmat was called...with in five min. of the spill.

  • ecugirl83 Oct 9, 2008

    ohhhhhh....gotta new idea about getting outta work! haha

  • CrewMax Oct 9, 2008

    Jeepers Creepers!!!!! Did they call HazMat?????!!!!!!