Raleigh, N.C. — The Capital Grille will open its doors on Monday in the Bank of America building in the North Hills shopping district in Raleigh. The Providence, Rhode Island-based chain is known for its dry-aged steaks, fresh seafood dishes and large wine selection (3,000 bottles!).
Out and About got to take a sneak peek inside the restaurant on Tuesday.
The Raleigh location will be the eighth Capital Grille managing partner Joseph Butler will be opening. He has been with the company for 14 years, after starting out as a busboy at a New Jersey location.
The Capital Grille Raleigh location has a capacity to fit 306 guests inside and on the outdoor patio.
Everything you need to know about Capital Grille:
- This will be Capital Grille's second location in North Carolina. The first location is in Charlotte.
- There are more than 50 Capital Grille locations across the country and one in Mexico City.
- The upscale restaurant has free valet for lunch and dinner service. Parking is also available in the Bank of America garage.
- Speaking of lunch, they offer a two-course special that is designed for professionals who can only take an hour or less break.
- They have 3,000 bottles of wine on hand and more than 350 types of wine, including some rare and sought after brands. An in-house wine director can help you navigate the wine menu.
- Speaking of cocktails, check out the cocktail, wine and dessert menus on an iPad provided by your server.
- The outdoor patio has fans and heaters and it is covered to help keep rain out.
- Four private rooms, with individual AV controls, can host corporate and special events. The largest room can hold up to 40 people for a seated dinner.
- The steaks are dry-aged in house at a low temperature and low humidity for at least 18 days. Dry-aging helps create a good flavor and texture. An in-house butcher hand-carves all steaks.
We got to try some of the menu and we can definitely recommend the steaks and Chilean sea bass with a mushroom sauce. The creme brulle is also a great option for dessert.
The Capital Grille opens Monday.