Local News

Smoky Furnace Forces Courthouse Evacuation

Posted January 22, 2008

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— A balky furnace boiler spread smoke throughout the Moore County Courthouse early Tuesday, forcing people to evacuate the building.

The Carthage Fire Department, the Moore County Fire Marshal and Moore County Public Safety responded to the 7:45 a.m. incident, after the boiler misfired and caused an explosion, authorities said.

The building had no heat after the incident, authorities said.

Comments

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all