Slain Teen's Family Increases Reward Offer
Posted April 15, 2008
Raleigh, N.C. — A Raleigh family that lost a teenager one eight years ago hopes a larger reward will lead to an arrest in the killing.
Usama Husein, 16, of Presnell Court in Raleigh, was found shot to death April 14, 2000, in a ditch near his parents' driveway. Authorities said he had been waiting outside for a friend to pick him up to go on a trip for spring break.
His family originally offered a $20,000 reward for tips in the case. Last year, they increased that to $50,000. Now, the total is $75,000.
“We hope that the passage of time and the increased reward will encourage people to talk to us and provide the missing information that will help us find Usama’s murderer,” said Wake County Sheriff Donnie Harrison.
Authorities said they believe Usama Husein may have been killed in revenge for a fistfight that occurred months before the shooting.
If you have information about the case, please contact the Wake County Sheriff's Office at 919-856-6800.