Sketch released of suspect in Wake Forest sexual assault
Posted May 29, 2014
Wake Forest, N.C. — Police released a composite sketch Thursday of a man wanted for sexually assaulting a boy Monday afternoon on a Wake Forest trail.
Investigators said the boy reported that he was walking on the Sanford Creek Greenway around 3:30 p.m. when a man approached him and then forced him into some woods near Prairie Smoke Street and Sanford Creek Avenue.
The man is described as white, in his teens or early 20s, 6 feet to 6 feet 4 inches tall and between 160 and 170 pounds. He had patchy, dark facial hair and was wearing a black long-sleeve shirt, blue jeans and light-colored tennis shoes.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the Wake Forest Police Department at 919-435-9610.
Police urge greenway users to use caution on trails and follow safety tips, which include:
- Walking or riding with friends or groups of people
- Remaining aware of surroundings
- Keeping friends and family informed of whereabouts
- Carrying a cellphone and calling 911 if seeing something suspicious or feeling in danger
- Avoid stopping to talk with strangers asking for directions or other types of help
- Fighting back, if grabbed, and making as much noise as possible