Local News

Shopping center briefly evacuated for natural-gas leak

Posted June 21, 2008

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— A natural-gas leak forced authorities to temporarily evacuate part of a shopping center in north Raleigh, emergency dispatch officials confirmed.

A woman in Saboy Restaurant smelled smoke and called the fire department to the shopping center, at 7713 Lead Mine Road. Four fire trucks and a couple hazardous-materials units arrived at the scene shortly after noon.

The shopping center was briefly evacuated as a precaution while crews assessed the situation.

Crews turned off the main gas line and told customers and employees it was safe to re-enter. Business was back to normal at the shopping center in around an hour.

PSNC crews stayed to repair the line.

Comments

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all