The cash back app, Shopmium, is becoming part of the Coupons.com app in December.
If you are new to this site, you can get a FREE Lindt bar when you sign up on the Shopmium app and use the referral code: GYAKFHVF . See the sign-up details below.
According to a CouponsInTheNews.com article, the parent company of Coupons.com, Quotient Technology, bought Shopmium a year ago and now they are rolling the app into the new Coupons.com app being released next month. The new app will eventually include the list-making app Grocery iQ as well.
You may recall that Shopmium stopped allowing stacking of manufacturer's coupons at the register with the Shopmium cash back offers. It's the same concept as stores not allowing digital coupons and paper coupons on the same item. Since one of the benefits of the cash back apps is usually the ability to get the double discount (manuf. paper coupon and cash back rebate), some users stopped using the app completely when they initially issued the new restriction.
The app also stopped accepting receipts from some grocery stores because they did not itemize their receipts in a way that Shopmium preferred. Stores they do NOT allow receipts from include: Kroger, CVS/ Pharmacy, Publix and Harris Teeter. You can see all the details at Shopmium.com.
It will be interesting to see what Coupons.com offers to encourage members to use Shopmium more often. Hopefully we'll see some offers like the ones offered on ibotta that are valid on any brand of items like any bread, any eggs and any cereal.
Once the new app rolls out, we'll have a better idea of what to expect and whether they will offer the kind of savings that smart shoppers across the Triangle and the country want to see. I'm looking forward to seeing what they offer.
How It Works
If you are new to Shopmium, here's how it works:
1. First, install the Shopmium app HERE on your smartphone. Or you can go to your app store and search Shopmium. You can only redeem offers on a smartphone.
2. Then open up the app and register using your e-mail or Facebook account. During sign up, if you use the following referral code, you will also get a FREE Lindt Chocolate bar offer! The referral code is: GYAKFHVF and the free Lindt bar will be available on your Shopmium account for 8 days after you sign up.
3. Once you have signed up, you will be able to see the offers you have available in your area. We do not all get the same offers. You will also see the free Lindt bar offer listed as well when you use the referral code above.
4. Look through the list of available offers. When you see an item that you want the offer for, click on it.. For some offers, you will have to watch a short video (about 20 seconds) before you can see how much the offer is for and when it expires.
5. Once you watch the video, click "Discover This Product." You will be able to see the cash back amount and expiration date at that point. You can also scan the product to see if it is the right one.
6. You can then buy the products you have offers for at almost any store (other than Kroger, CVS/ Pharmacy, Publix and Harris Teeter here in the Triangle). According to their website, you do need to make sure that you "buy the product in a store that provides a computerized sales receipt with the name of the store, clear product details (like a dedicated product line with the name of the product), and the date and time of the purchase. Sales receipts from small delis or markets are usually not accepted." See their website for other stores that are excluded.
7. Once you buy the product, go back to the offer and click Request My Rebate.
8. Then scan the bar code and take a photo of the receipt to request the rebate.
9. The money is then transferred to your Paypal account or to your bank within 24 hours after your rebate has been approved. You don't have to reach a minimum amount to get the rebate back - which is a great perk!
You can see more information on their website HERE.
Remember that in order to get the free Lindt bar, you have to use the referral code GYAKFHVF when you register on their app.
This post may contain affiliate links and we appreciate your using them.