Officials: Break-in arrest nets Durham trio connected to murder
Posted January 30, 2016
Durham, N.C. — Two Durham men and a woman wanted in connection with a Jan. 15 murder were among four people arrested after investigators found evidence of a break-in during a traffic stop.
The Durham County Sheriff's Office charged four people in connection to a break-in on Wake Forest Highway, according to a news release from the office. Deputies with the Wake County Sheriff's Office on Jan. 28 conducted a traffic stop and vehicle search that turned up evidence from the breaking and entering case.
Deputies then executed two search warrants at two different Durham homes that turned up electronics, guns, swords and several gaming systems, which were all reported stolen, the release said.
All four suspects were charged with breaking and entering, larceny after breaking and entering and larceny of a firearm, the release said. The suspects charged are:
– Raymond Delvalle, 19, of 4615 Blanchard Dr.
– Luis Garcia-Navarro, 21, of 800 Brye St.
– Reina Elizabeth Espana, 25, of 800 Brye St.
– Jesus Salgado-Briseno, 18, of 5218 Kerley Road.
Investigators previously charged Garcia-Navarro and Salgado-Briseno with the murder of 25-year-old Jose Giovanni Guillen Rodriguez, who police found shot on North Miami Boulevard on Jan. 15, according to a news release from the Durham Police Department. Espana was charged with accessory after the fact of murder for allegedly driving the men away from the scene.