This story is closed for comments.
stephen_78 Feb 15, 2013
Off way too light. But Dads aren't important, right? Had this been the other way around and the mother was killed, the father would have likely got much more time than this. I like the way she said it was "her kids" instead of "our kids". Seems a lot of mothers have this notion the kids are theirs and the father is just there to pay. Speaking from experience as well. I"m surprised he even had custody. She must have really had some issues for him to be allowed that. It's too bad for the children.
beachboater Feb 15, 2013
WHY did it take 7 years to get her day in court? Mental health evaluations shouldn't take that long.
How many of you would know where to shoot to hit the spleen? Unless you have had yours taken out. I certainly wouldn't
Lightfoot3 Feb 15, 2013
She claims she aimed for his spleen and tried to avoid his kidney? Holy moly! I think she aimed to kill him. If she just wanted to hurt him she would have probably shot a leg, arm, shoulder, etc.
Sounds like pre-mediation to me, thus should be 1st degree murder. They shouldn’t need the kid’s testimony to prove it either.
Rebelyell55 Feb 14, 2013
Don't care what, she got off too light.
Published: 2007-10-05 09:38:00
Updated: 2015-01-14 14:37:58
Triangle Area Special Offers
- Quick move-in homes ready now, from the #1 Homebuilder in the Triangle! View Lennar homes.
- 2015 nissan sentra s 189mn with no down payment or 0% for 72 months
- 2015 nissan altima s $229mn with no down payment or 0% for 72 months
- Move-in ready homes across the Triangle available from Lennar! Click to view inventory.
- Click Here to Search All Triangle Homes for Sale