This story is closed for comments. Comments on WRAL.com news stories are accepted and moderated between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Oldest First
  • lisa4 Nov 27, 8:13 a.m.

    Great job kids!!!!! God bless these 2 children for acting quickly and doing the right thing. TRUE HEROS!!!

  • highvolt1 Nov 26, 6:06 p.m.

    Free Obama smoke alarms coming soon

  • whyalltheproblems Nov 26, 6:05 p.m.

    i thought someone was barbecuin' ;)

    awesome job these two kids did!!!!

  • Dynol Yn Cael Ei Nov 26, 5:43 p.m.

    Bless their hearts BIG!!! And kudos to the family who took the time and the love to raise them rightly.

  • storchheim Nov 26, 5:19 p.m.

    What a couple of fine young people! They saw trouble, knew what to do and did it - FAST! Their parents are to be commended too.

  • Stormy13 Nov 26, 2:33 p.m.

    I live in the same type of four plex in the West Raleigh area. More than likly the cause will turn out to be dicarded fireplace materials. People need to be more careful! Hope these folks had renter insurance for their belongings.

Oldest First