Local News

Several families displaced by Fayetteville apartment fire

Posted April 23, 2015

Several families were being helped by the Red Cross early Thursday after fire damaged a two-story apartment building west of downtown Fayetteville.
Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— Several families were being helped by the Red Cross early Thursday after fire damaged a two-story apartment building west of downtown Fayetteville.

Crews responded to the complex, at 805 Greenleaf Drive off Raeford Road, at about 2:15 a.m. Investigators believe the fire started on the first floor of the complex and spread to the second floor.

No injuries were reported, but nine people were displaced. The fire was accidental and started due to unattended cooking, investigators said.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all