Seven charged with stealing from Wake County stores
Posted November 27, 2010
Raleigh, N.C. — Seven people, including a store employee and a man wanted in a year-old larceny case, had been charged with stealing from various stores throughout Wake County by Saturday morning, according to arrest warrants.
Gulliver Delaney, 23, of 5150 Flint Ridge Place in Raleigh, is accused of stealing a Sony computer thumb drive from the Target store on North Hills Street, where he worked. Delaney was charged with embezzlement and placed under a $3,000 secured bond.
Robert K. Whitted, 33, of 820 Gibney Drive, Apt. 104 in Raleigh, faces charges of shoplifting, misdeameanor larceny and possession of marijuana.
Warrants state that he stole Chloraseptic, Sucrets and Sudafed Mist from a Kroger grocery store, 1610 MLK Jr Blvd. in Raleigh, and that officers also found marijuana on him. Whitted was also charged in the November 2009 theft of a portable DVD player.
State Department of Correction records show that Whitted has a criminal record dating from 1994 and has spent 10 years of the past 15 in prison. He served eight years for an armed robbery conviction and weapons charges in 1999. During that sentence, he racked up 87 infractions.
Other theft-related arrests include:
- Laquana Renee Fowler, 33, of 121 Cotton Paws St., Lot 24 in Rolesville, charged with misdemeanor larceny and assault and battery. Warrants state that she took two hats and a black jacket worth more than $100 and then punched and scratched a man at a Khol's store in Wake Forest.
- Gavin Joseph Zacherl, a.k.a “Joseph Seacray Justice,” 27, of 3030 Spanish Court Unit 10 in Raleigh, charged with misdemeanor larceny. Warrants state that he stole an Oral B Sensitive Clean toothbrush worth $29 from Rite-Aid on Capital Boulevard in Raleigh.
- Justine De Santiago-Camacho, 18, of 4162-B N.C. Highway 15 South in Oxford, charged with two counts of larceny. Warrants state that she removed anti-theft devices from about $100 of clothes at a Belk's store in Raleigh and stole two girls’ shirts worth $28 from a Macy's store in Raleigh.
- Israel Hernandez Alberto, 23, of 4162-B N.C. Highway 15 South in Oxford, charged wtih two counts of larceny. Warrants state that he removed anti-theft devices from about $700 worth of clothes at a Belk's store and stole about $90 worth of clothes from Macy’s in Raleigh.
- Michael Lamont Eubanks, 33, of 1471 Maplewood Drive in Durham, charged with shoplifting. Warrants state that he stole nearly $400 worth of sunglasses from the Saks Fifth Avenue outlet on Airport Boulevard in Raleigh.
The arrests came on Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday, the traditional start to the holiday shopping season.