Second man charged with shooting Durham brothers
Posted December 10, 2013
Durham, N.C. — A second Durham man has been charged in the shootings of two teenage half-brothers last week, police said Tuesday.
Christopher Taylor Johnson, 25, was arrested Tuesday afternoon on North Hyde Park Avenue. He was charged with two counts of attempted murder and was placed in the Durham County jail under a $5 million bond.
Thomas Deangelo Griffin, 19, was arrested Friday in the case on the same charges. He remains in jail under a $1 million bond.
The brothers, ages 14 and 16, were shot inside a vacant house on Grace Lane, near its intersection with Liberty Street. They remained hospitalized Tuesday, and police said they were in stable condition.
Police haven't released any details about a possible motive in the shootings, but they have said the crime wasn't random.