Search for robbery suspect leads to weapon, drug charges
Posted May 27, 2011
Fayetteville, N.C. — Fayetteville police looking for a robbery suspect arrested four other people on weapons and drug charges Wednesday.
Officers went to a home in the 1000 block of Revere Street looking for a suspect in a robbery at the Cambridge Arms Apartments late Sunday. Police said that as officers went up to the house, three men and a woman ran out and got into a vehicle.
Officers went to the vehicle and saw one of the passengers holding a handgun, police said. They detained the four people and searched the home, where officers said drugs were in plain sight.
Police said they found 841 grams of marijuana, 30 grams of cocaine and two more guns in the home.
Anthony Danell Stearns, 21, was charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. He was convicted in 2007 of dealing drugs and drug possession, according to state Department of Correction records.
Earl Clarence Avant III, 21, Jerrell Lamont Miles, 22, and Quinyetta Shakera Riley, 20, were all charged with
- possession with intent to manufacture, sell or distribute cocaine
- possession with intent to manufacture, sell or distribute marijuana
- manufacture of a controlled substance
- conspiracy to sell a controlled substance
- possession with intent to manufacture, sell or distribute a controlled substance within 1,000 feet of a school.
Police said that as well, Avant has six charges pending in court, and Miles has three charges also going through court. Miles was convicted of misdemeanor drug possession in 2007, DOC records state.