Satisfy your Oreo craving with these 4 tempting treats
Posted July 26
Who can turn down any dessert with Oreos involved? I know I can't! The chocolatey crunch of the cookie paired with the creamy center tantalizes my taste buds and makes my mouth water at just the thought.
Although the classic Oreos and milk combo satisfies my crave, the following recipes will help take your Oreo treat consumption to the next level.
- 8 oz. cup of crushed Oreos
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips
- Dump one bag of white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. (If possible, reduce the power of your microwave to medium or 50 percent. This will help reduce the chance of burning or overheating your chocolate too quickly and will eliminate the lumpy and grainy effect of burnt white chocolate.)
- Microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir rapidly. Continue melting the chocolate in 30 second intervals until it is smooth.
- Stir in 8 oz of crushed up Oreos into the melted chocolate.
- Pour the Oreo chocolate mixture onto a cookie sheet covered in tin foil and top with fresh crushed Oreos.
- Freeze for 2 hours.
- 1 bowl of crushed Oreos
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine all 8 oz. of cream cheese and the crushed Oreos together. Stir until a creamy consistency emerges.
- Roll the mixture into balls and place them evenly on a foiled cookie sheet.
- Freeze the truffles for 2 hours.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips. (Heat the chips in 30 second intervals. Stir the chips in between each interval to prevent burning.)
- Remove the truffles from the freezer and coat with the chocolate.
- Freeze the truffles for 1 hour.
- Devour it!
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 package of Oreos
- 1 fork
Only have single stuff Oreos? No problem! Create your very own double stuff cookie by seperating the Oreos in two. The two cookies that remain with the cream intact, combine to make the ultimate double stuff treat.
Hannah Rose is a story-telling enthusiast that finds joy in sharing insights and human experience. Connecting the world through written verse is a passion that drives her to pursue her journalistic endeavors.