Local News

Salvation Army shelter seeks linens after fire

Posted August 11, 2010

— Fire damaged a linen closet at the Salvation Army of Wake County shelter, at 215 S. Person St. in Raleigh, early Saturday, a spokeswoman said.

No one was injured when the vent on a commercial dryer caught fire, but the building was evacuated while firefighters brought the blaze under control.

The greatest damage was to a linen closet where sheets, towels, blankets and diapers were stored. The Salvation Army asked that donations of linens be dropped off at the Person Street center.


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • clayfan1 Aug 11, 2010

    I would be glad to send a donation. They do a wonderful job helping others.


  • Sunne Aug 11, 2010

    From what I've read and seen, most shelters have single beds. I am sure your donation will be appreciated.

  • NH Mom Aug 11, 2010

    What size sheets and blankets?