As the countdown begins to the Super Bowl on Sunday with the Carolina Panthers, here's a quick fun recipe to help get your favorite lil' chefs stirring up some fun with you in the kitchen! Chef Hannah shows us how to make these super cute pizza pockets!
Panther Pizza Pockets
1 box pie crust
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1 block mozzarella cheese, cut into small chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Unroll pie crust on floured surface.
3. With a circle cookie cutter (or small round bowl), make a circle cut out in the pie crust.
4. Cut the circle in half again with the round cookie cutter so it is shaped like a football.
5. Continue to cut out more football shapes.
6. Lay football cut outs flat on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
7. Spoon small amount of pizza sauce in the center of the pie crust. Top with small cheese chunk in the center.
8. Cover with another football shape and crimp edges with a fork.
9. Cut lines into football on the top to resemble a football's lines.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minute or until brown on the top.
11. Serve with a side of sauce and enjoy!
Susan is the mom of two and owner of Flour Power Kids Cooking Studio, which offers cooking programs for kids to teens at locations in Raleigh and Charlotte. Go Ask Mom features recipes every Friday. For more, check WRAL.com's recipe database.