It’s Mother’s Day! Time for us to celebrate all the wonderful moms in the Triangle! Here’s a simple recipe that your favorite lil’ chef can create to celebrate Mom’s big day!
This recipe has just a few ingredients, but turns into something magical with big flavor! Strawberry fields are filled with ripe strawberries, so be sure to stop by a local farm, support a local farmer and stir up some fun in the kitchen this Mother’s Day weekend.
Mini Strawberry Napoleons
- 1 box Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Chocolate to melt
- Chopped fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Thaw puff pastry sheets at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Make whipped cream by combining powdered sugar and whipping cream in mixer and beating on high for 3 to 4 minutes until it reaches the desired consistency. You can add flavorings to the whipped cream such as vanilla, strawberry flavoring, etc. You can also shake in an air tight container or use a whipped cream maker.
- Melt chocolate in heat proof container.
- Unfold puff pastry sheets and cut into squares, or use cookie cutter to make shapes.
- Place on non stick cookie sheet and bake for about 12 minutes until lightly golden brown on the top. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Chop strawberries.
- Once puff pastry has cooled, assemble with whipped cream and strawberries, making as many layers as you would like. Drizzle melted chocolate on the top.
Susan is the mom of two and owner of Flour Power Kids Cooking Studios with programs for kids to teens at locations in Raleigh and Charlotte. Go Ask Mom shares recipes every Friday. For more, check WRAL.com's recipe database.