Homemade play dough is very inexpensive to create, easy to make and oh-so-fun! Help your kids whip up a batch and then sneak away with a cup of tea while they get super creative in the kitchen.
The texture of this play dough is very different to store bought play dough… it’s much softer and lasts lots longer. See what your lil’ chef’s big imagination can create with this fun recipe on a rainy day!
What You Need:
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup salt
- 2 envelopes of Kool-Aid
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups boiling or very hot water (please help your child with this step!)
What To Do:
- Mix flour, salt, and Kool Aid until blended
- Add oil and water slowly. Watch for the bubbles to appear!
- Stir with spoon until cool enough to knead.
- Continue kneading until color is blended.
- Add more flour if too sticky.
- Store in air tight bag or container in the fridge.