Local News

Raleigh street reopens after house fire

Posted July 29, 2009

Map Marker  Find News Near Me


— The 900 block of Oberlin Road was temporarily closed Wednesday afternoon due to a house fire, Raleigh Police spokeswoman Laura Hourigan said.

The fire was reported at the intersection of Oberlin Road and Van Dyke Avenue.

The street reopened just after 2 p.m.


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • OBX4us Jul 29, 2009

    True, the older homes are a treasure. I believe it was caused by a dryer, but not 100% sure on that.

  • itsmyownopinion Jul 29, 2009

    Anyone know the cause of the fire? It seems a number of fires have been caused by lightning, or did I imagine that?

  • dbcooper41 Jul 29, 2009

    actually i was thinking about the traffic nightmare with oberlin closed, wade, peace, st mary's, etc.
    glad noone was hurt and i'm sorry to see another of the houses in this area damaged. too many have burned down through the years.

  • OBX4us Jul 29, 2009

    Let's not be concerned about the poor people inside the house, but rather obama who is well protected by so many SS, police and others!
    The house was heavily damaged and no one was hurt btw!

    Good Grief!

  • PAINFREE Jul 29, 2009

    I don't think so. I live near the location, and it is a good ways from the high school.

  • dbcooper41 Jul 29, 2009

    this is uncomfortably close to the president's location.