Not sure what to do this week? Why not check off some items on the Raleigh Parks Bucket List!
The city's parks department launched the list this month. The list encourages all of us to get out and about and explore the city's beautiful parks.
Here are just a few of the items on the bucket list:
- Tour the City of Raleigh Museum (which now has monthly storytimes).
- Ride the carousel at John Chavis Park, 505 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, Raleigh.
- Ride the train at Pullen Park, 408 Ashe Ave., Raleigh.
- Visit a Raleigh aquatics center near you. (Our public pools database lists all of the city's pools).
- Check out an art backpack at Sertoma Arts Center, 1400 W. Millbrook Rd., or a nature explorer's backpack at Annie Louise Wilkerson MD Nature Preserve, 5229 Awls Haven Dr., Raleigh.
- Visit any city of Raleigh playground.
Here is how it works:
- Visit a Raleigh park and pick up a parks bucket list or just click here for the list and print it at home.
- Complete and check off items on the bucket list.
- Earn prizes! Complete five items and get ride tickets to use at Pullen Park train and carousel or the John Chavis Memorial Park carousel. Complete 10 or more items and win a Raleigh Parks Summer Bucket List T-shirt.
- Share your photos on social media using #parksbucketlist.
The bucket list runs through Aug. 31, which means you have plenty of time to explore! Raleigh's website has more information, including a park locator so you can find a new park near you.