Local News

Raleigh man suffers minor burns when gas grill explodes

Posted October 19, 2015

A man suffered minor burns Sunday evening when a gas grill exploded in his face, Raleigh fire officials said.
Map Marker  Find News Near Me

Map

— A man suffered minor burns Sunday evening when a gas grill exploded in his face, Raleigh fire officials said.

The incident happened in the 2700 block of Renfrow Road at about 5:15 p.m. Authorities say the blast from the grill ignited a fire that spread to the roof of a single-story duplex.

Seventy percent of the structure was damaged, and 12 people were displaced, officials said. The man, whose name was not released, was taken to the hospital to be treated for burns and smoke inhalation.

It took 35 firefighters about 30 minutes to bring the fire under control.

3 Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all
  • Tom Laurence Oct 19, 2015
    user avatar

    Hope the injured man recovers soon.

  • Craig Elliott Oct 19, 2015
    user avatar

    Why did the grill explode?

  • Brian White Oct 19, 2015
    user avatar

    35 firefighters for a single story house? What were they doing, passing buckets of water down a line?