Local News

Raleigh house fire displaces six people

Posted April 1, 2009

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— Six people were displaced early Wednesday after an electrical malfunction in their heater burned about 50 percent of their house, according to the Raleigh Fire Department.

The fire started around 12:30 a.m. at the one-story wood frame house at 1012 E. Martin St. The owner rents rooms out of the house, authorities said. No one was injured.

Nearly 30 firefighters responded to the 911 call for help, fire officials said.

The Red Cross assisted the displaced residents.

1 Comment

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • localleo Apr 1, 2009

    What WRAL did not mention is that a Raleigh Police Officer actually saw this house on fire and radio'ed communications to send Raleigh Fire. These people are lucky he was on patrol last night and came upon it when he did.