Local News

Raleigh crews battle apartment fire

Posted April 1, 2010

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

Map

— Raleigh fire officials say a charcoal grill on a back porch caused a fire around 4:30 a.m. Thursday at Birchwood Gardens, 2215 North Hills Drive.

Smoke filled several apartments, but officials said residents should be able to get back inside by day break.

No other information was released.

2 Comments

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • Picaflora Apr 1, 2010

    The ordinance is that they have to be 10ft from all structures while in use. If I remember correctly, they aren't banned completely

  • MyNameIsMud Apr 1, 2010

    I thought gas and charcoal grills are against city codes for apartment complexes. (Because idjits will leave them unattended and start a fire, just like this.) Somebody's in trouble.