Raleigh City of Oaks Marathon to cause road closures
Posted October 30, 2013
Updated November 1, 2013
Raleigh, N.C. — Thousands are expected to participate in the City of Oaks Marathon on Sunday. With such a big event going on, there will be some street closures to contend with.
Here's a listing of the street closures and their approximate times:
- Hillsborough Street closed from Pullen to Ashe: 7 - 7:15 a.m.
- Ashe Avenue from Hillsborough to Western: 7-7:30 a.m.
- Western Boulevard from Ashe to Dawson (both directions): 7- 7:30 a.m.
- Boylan Avenue from Western to Morgan: 7-7:45 a.m.
- Morgan Street from Boylan Street to Wilmington Street: 7-8 a.m.
- Capital Boulevard southbound at Peace Stree exit: 7-8:15 a.m.
- Dawson Street from Lane Street to Martin Street: 7- 8:15 a.m.
- McDowell Street from Davie to Hillsborough Street: 7-8:15 a.m.
- Wilmington Street from Morgan to Peace: 7:15-8 a.m.
- Salisbury from Peace to Morgan: 7:15-8:15 a.m.
- Edenton Street from Wilmington Street to Hillsborough Street merge: 7:15-8:20 a.m.
- Hillsborough Street closed from Glenwood to Salisbury - 7- 8:15 a.m.
- Glenwood Avenue from Peace to Hillsborough Street: 7:10-8:30 a.m.
- Peace Street from Glenwood to merge with Clark: 7:15-8:45 a.m.
- Clark Street closed from Oberlin to Brooks: 7:15-9 a.m.
- Oberlin from Cameron to Hillsborough: 7:20-9 a.m.
- Brooks from Wade to Hillsborough: 7:30-9:30 a.m.
- Dixie Trail from Wade to Hillsborough: 7:30-9:30 a.m.
- OBerry from Brooks to Dixie Trail: 7:30-9:25 a.m.
- Clark from Dixie Trail to Faircloth: 7:30-9:30 a.m.
- Faircloth from Hillsborough to Brookwood Drive: 7:30-9:30 a.m.
- Hillsborough St from Pullen to I-440 northbound ramp: 7:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Gorman Street from Hillsborough to Faucette: 7:30 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Horton at Lake Boone Trail – 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Blue Ridge from Homewood Banks to Crabtree Valley Ave. - 7:45 a.m. - noon
- Crabtree Valley Ave from Blue Ridge to Homewood Banks – 7:45 a.m. - noon
- North Hills Drive between Northbrook and Old Village Road – 8 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.