Raleigh, N.C. — Tickets go on sale Tuesday for a charitable dinner held by Raleigh Chef Ashley Christensen to fight child hunger.
In its seventh year, the dinner will help raise money for Share Our Strength, a nonprofit devoted to ending child hunger in America, and Raleigh's own Inter-Faith Food Shuttle.
The dinner will be held Sept. 17 at Poole's Diner in downtown Raleigh. The night will begin with a cocktail reception with appetizers prepared by Christensen.
The following chefs will be preparing a special course with a wine pairing:
- Chef Alex Raij, chef/owner of El Quinto Pino, Txikito, La Vara, and Tekoa in New York (James Beard Nominee for Best Chef New York)
- Chef Jason Stanhope, executive chef of FIG in Charleston (James Beard Award for Best Chef Southeast: 2016)
- Chef Sarah Grueneberg, chef/owner of Monteverde in Chicago (James Beard Award for Best Chef Great Lakes: 2017)
- Chef Cheetie Kumar, chef/owner of Garland in Raleigh (James Beard Semifinalist for Best Chef Southeast)
- Chef Kelly Fields, chef/owner of Willa Jean in New Orleans (James Beard Nominee for Outstanding Pastry Chef)
Following dinner, there will be a short auction of experiences donated by each of the chefs.
Tickets for the dinner are $200 per person and include food and beverage pairings.