Local News

Raleigh apartment fire leaves two homeless

Posted April 16, 2011

Map Marker  Find News Near Me


— A fire that destroyed two apartments early Saturday was likely caused by improperly discarded smoking material, Raleigh firefighters said.

Firefighters were called out to the two-alarm fire at 112 Farrington Drive, off Six Forks Road, at 3:19 a.m., according to the incident report. EMS crews saw flames coming from the roof of a two-story apartment building when they arrived.

About 60 firefighters labored to bring the blaze under control in about 40 minutes, the report states.

Everyone who was home at the time managed to get out safely, and no injuries were reported.

About a quarter of the building was damaged, and two apartments were uninhabitable, according to the report.

The Red Cross was helping the displaced people find shelter.


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • 2012notobama Apr 18, 2011

    I am sorry but if you start a fire due to your improperly discarded smoking material, you should have to pay for the costs of the firefighters and for any damages you may have caused. Including paying for anybody you displaced!

  • alexius1baby Apr 18, 2011

    ANOTHER FIRE IN NORTH RALEIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!