Rabies alert issued for east Raleigh
Posted September 5, 2014
Raleigh, N.C. — Wake County health officials on Friday issued a rabies alert for residents living near Bertie Drive and Surrey Road in east Raleigh.
Officials said a rabid fox was found in the area Friday.
“We don’t want to alarm residents in east Raleigh, but they should be aware of these cases and of the potential for exposure to themselves, family members and their pets,” Wake County Community Health Director Sue Lynn Ledford said. “Do not approach an animal that you don’t know.”
To report animal complaints and stray animals:
- In Wake County (except Cary, Garner, Holly Springs and Raleigh), call 919-212-7387
- In Raleigh, call 919-831-6311
- In Cary, call 919-319-4517
- In Garner, call 919-772-8896
- In Holly Springs, call 919-557-9111