Quail Ridge lines up Berenstain Bears, Max and Ruby author, Pete the Cat illustrator, more
Posted October 30, 2012
November is another busy month for Quail Ridge Books & Music in Raleigh.
The store off Wade Avenue in Raleigh (near the Whole Foods) has a lot of events for kids and teens coming up. Here's what's scheduled:
- 10 a.m., Nov. 5, The Berenstain Bears make a special visit during the store's regular preschool storytime.
- 7 p.m., Nov. 5, Cinda Williams Chima, author of The Crimson Crown: Seven Realms Series, Book Four, visits. This is the fourth and final novel in the series. For ages 14 to 18.
- 3 p.m., Nov. 17, Morgan Keyes, author of Darkbeast, visits with new fantasy. For ages 8 to 12.
- 4:30 p.m., Nov. 26, James Dean of Pete the Cat fame stops by with the new "Pete the Cat Saves Christmas." For ages 3 and up. (My kids love this series).
- 10 a.m., Nov. 26, members of the City Ballet visit Quail Ridge's preschool storytime in costume to tell the story of The Nutcracker.
- 4 p.m., Nov. 27, Rosemary Wells of Max & Ruby fame, returns with "Max & Ruby's Treasure Hunt." Max will tag along in costume. For ages 3 to 5. Get a ticket to get your book signed when you purchase "Treasure Hunt" from Quail Ridge.
- 7 p.m., Nov. 30, Ally Condie stops by with "Reached," the final book of the Matched trilogy. For ages 12 and up.
For details, go to Quail Ridge's website.