Quail Ridge Books lines up Santa, Grinch, other fun for families this month
Posted December 4, 2013
Quail Ridge Books & Music is busy with some popular annual events and special visits this month at the Raleigh store.
Here's what's happening for families (with descriptions courtesy of Quail Ridge):
- 10 a.m., Dec. 7: Santa Claus makes his annual visit for a story, singing and pictures (bring your own camera).
- 3 p.m., Dec. 7: N.C. Symphony horn player Rachel Niketopoulos returns for a special event about the Symphony's upcoming Young People's Concert featuring The Carnival of the Animals by Saint-Saëns on Jan. 4. The symphony's instrument zoo, where kids can check out different instruments, will be on hand. And a ballet dancer will visit too. There also will be a drawing for a package for four tickets to the concert.
- 3 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 8: Stacy McAnulty shares her picture book Dear Santasaurus. Hoping to stay off Santasaurus' naughty list, Ernest B. Spinosaurus tries to put a good face on his year of, well, attempts at good behavior. You don't even have to be a dinosaur fan to have some fun with this one. Ages 5 and up.
- 10 a.m., Dec. 9: The store's usual Monday morning preschool storytime will feature Franklin, a mascot/therapy dog. There will be a story and doggy treats to take home.
- 2 p.m., Dec. 14: It's a special holiday Grinch storytime complete with a visit from The Grinch. For all ages.