Publix deals 10/29: Milk, Smithfield bacon, apples & more!
Posted October 29, 2014
The new Publix store in Cary opened on 10/29. There are some good deals this week on milk, apples, baby carrots, Honeycrisp apples, Smithfield bacon, pork chops, Trident seafood, Silk milk, Publix orange juice, Palermo's pizza, Peter Pan, and more! You will also find a coupon for $10 off a gas card in the ad. Will you be shopping at the new Publix this week?
Will you be shopping at the new Publix this week?
These sales are valid October 29 - November 4, 2014.
In-ad coupon: The ad has a coupon on the front page for $10 off the purchase of a $50 Gas Card with a grocery purchase of $50 or more. See ad for details. Coupon valid October 29 - Sunday, November 2.
Milk Special: Publix Milk, 1 gallon, is on sale starting October 29 for $2.99 - a great price!
Washington State apples, including Gala, Granny Smith, Royal Gala and Fuji, .99/lb
Baby cut carrots, 1 lb, $1.00
Hass Avocados, $1.00
Bartlett pears, $1.29/lb
Honeycrisp aples, $1.99/lb
Raspberries, 6 oz, $2.50
Clementines, 5 lb box, $6.99
Fresh Attitude salad blend, 12 oz, BOGO
Boneless pork chops, $2.99/lb
Catfish fillets, $5.99/lb
Whole Yellowtail Snapper, $5.99/lb
Smithfield bacon, various, 16 oz, BOGO (ad indicates you save up to $6.99 when you buy 2 so each one should be $3.50)
Oscar Mayer bologna, 12 oz, beef or 98% fat free, BOGO
Armour meatballs, 14 oz, BOGO
Trident seafood, select 11.2 – 12 oz box, BOGO
Dairy & frozen
Kozy Shack pudding, select, 6 count or 22 oz tub, BOGO - .75/1 coupon from 9/21 SS
Silk Almondmilk, 64 oz, $2.00 - $1 coupon from 10/26 RP, mambosprouts.com or Silk.com
Publix deli tea, or lemonade, ½ gallon, BOGO
I Can’t Believe it’s Not Butter, select, BOGO
Breakstone’s sour cream, 16 oz, BOGO
Publix Milk, 1 gallon, is on sale starting October 29 for $2.99 - a great price!
Publix orange juice, 128 oz, $3.49 – good price for orange juice
Palermos pizza, BOGO - $1 printable coupon
Mrs. T’s Pierogies, 16 oz, BOGO
Publix frozen pizza, 11.9 – 32.7 oz, BOGO
Jose Ole Taquitos, tacos or nacho bites, BOGO - $1 coupon from Smart Shopper coupons link recently or $1 Publix digital coupon
Betty Crocker fruit snacks, BOGO - .50/2 coupon from 9/28 SS
Mueller’s pasta, various, 12 - 16 oz.
Coupons: .75/1 Pot sized pasta printable coupon, $1/2 coupons from 9/21 SS
Peter Pan Peanut Butter, 13 or 16.3 oz., BOGO
(ad indicates you save up to $2.65, making it $1.33 each – a great deal!)
Pepperidge Farm Goldfish crackers, $1.33 each
Kraft dressing, 16 oz., BOGO
General Mills Cereals, select (excluding honey nut Cheerios), BOGO
Coupons: .50/1 Original Cheerios coupon from 9/28 SS, $1/2 coupon from 9/21 SS, .50/1 Cheerios and .50/1 Lucky Charms coupons from Pillsbury.com, $1/3 GM cereals coupon from Pillsbury.com, .75/1 Kix coupon from Pillsbury.com
Coke products, 6 pack of 16.9 oz bottles, $2.50
Progresso bread crumbs, BOGO
College Inn broth, BOGO
Vlasic pickles, BOGO
Tostitos salsa, 15.5 oz, BOGO
Quaker Oats oatmeal, 18 oz, BOGO
Thomas’ bagels, 19 or 20 oz., BOGO
Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse bread, 22 or 24 oz loaf, BOGO - .40/1 coupon from 9/14 SS
Truvia baking blend, 24 oz pouch, BOGO - $2/1 coupon from 10/5 RP
Angel Soft bath tissue, 12 double rolls, $5.00 - .55/1 coupon from their Facebook page, various coupons in 11/2 RP insert
Grand Opening Date: Wednesday, October 29
Grand Opening Time: 7:00 am
Location: Publix at Bradford, 1020 Bradford Plaza Way, Cary, NC 27519 (The store is located at the corner of High House Road and Davis Drive in the Bradford Shopping Center.)
Store hours: Seven days a week from 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Grand Opening Events: Heavy sampling and free reusable bags (while they last) will be offered during the week as well.
During the Media Preview on Tuesday, October 28, I had a chance to tour the store and sample a number of delicious products. You can see a photo of the fabulous Chocolate Ganache Cake above. In addition, we sampled the hot bar, sushi, steak and more. Everything was delicious!
One of the quotes from the Divisional Vice President really caught my attention. He said that "Publix makes savings simple: no cards, no forms and definitely no hassles." Their goal in the next 16 - 20 months is to create 3000 jobs in NC. And he pointed out that Publix has never has a layoff. That's pretty impressive.
During the event, Publix donated $500 each to 10 different area schools. They stressed their commitment to giving back and partnering with the community to make it a better place to live.
Here are some interesting details I picked up on the tour today:
* Deli kiosk and online deli ordering: You can place your deli and sub order online before heading to the store and they will have it ready for you when you arrive. There is also an in-store kiosk where you can place the order and then they fill your order while you shop.
* There is a seating area and free Wi-Fi in the deli.
* Apron's Simple Meals: Publix offers a section of the store called Apron's Simple Meals. There you will find all the ingredients to make a full meal. There are two meals highlighted per week. Today we sampled the Zesty Chicken Orzo and it was definitely something my family would enjoy. There are cooking demonstrations on a daily basis.
* The seafood department offers 60 - 70 types of seafood each day. Their whole fish and fillets are never frozen and are always fresh.
* Event Planning: Publix offers an Event Planning department and they can help with just about any type of event inclduing weddings, corporate functions or just lunch for the whole office. They also offer delivery.
* Bakery: The Publix bakery makes 23 varieties of bread from scratch. They sent home a loaf of their Breakfast Bread and it is loaded with fruit and very good.
* Pharmacy: There are a number of medications that are completely free with prescription including various oral antibiotics, and more. See the pharmacy for details.
* Publix offers a free Baby Club and a Preschool Pals Club. Sign up at Publix.com for coupons, newsletters and freebies.
* The 49,000 square foot store has approximately 135 employees.
Publix Coupon Policy basics:
* No double coupons in NC stores
* Limit of 8 of the same coupons per day
* Publix accepts competitor's coupons and competitor's prescription coupons (at the pharmacy). The competitor's for the Cary Publix include Harris Teeter, Lowes Foods, Kroger and Food Lion.
* Can use a Manuf. coupon AND a Publix or Competitor's coupon on the same item
* Cannot combine the manufacturer's digital coupons from their website with paper manufacturer coupons
* No % off or % off total coupons are accepted
* No mobile coupons are accepted
* Coupons for a total off your total order (like $5 off a $20 purchase) will be limited to one Publix and one competitor's coupon per day
* Rain checks are only issued for items that are advertised outside the store (on the radio or TV, or in the weekly ad, mailer, or Internet site)
* No rain checks will be issued for Publix, competitor's, or manufacturer's coupons.
You can see their full coupon policy on their website.
* There is no reward card for Publix stores
* Sign up on Publix.com for digital coupons and use your phone number at register to redeem them
* Find store coupons in the in-store coupon booklet
* BOGO (buy one get one free) offers are each considered a separate purchase and each rings up at half price. A coupon maybe used on each item.
* Download the mobile app. to see sales
Publix was founded in 1930 in Winter Haven, Florida, by George W. Jenkins. They are the largest employee-owned grocery chain in the United States. In 2013, their retail sales were $28.9 billion and they have over 168,500 employees.