Propane tank explodes, sparks Granville house fire
Posted July 2, 2012
Creedmoor, N.C. — A propane tank on a gas grill exploded and sparked a large fire at a Granville County home north of Creedmoor Sunday afternoon.
Putting out the three-alarm fire in the 2100 block of Sam Hayes Road required crews from at least seven fire departments in Granville, Wake and Durham counties and some help from storms.
No one was injured.
Neighbors said the home owners had some family over for a cookout when the propane tank exploded.