Preschools schedule open houses as registration begins
Posted January 7, 2013
Updated January 16, 2013
Preschool registration begins in the next month or so for the upcoming school year.
That means if you have a child you'd like to send to preschool in September, now is the time to look around and make your picks. Many preschools will fill up by the spring or summer.
Some preschools will have open houses in the next month or so. These and many other preschools also typically offer regular tours for prospective families.
Facebook fans shared the details about some of the upcoming open houses on the Go Ask Mom Facebook page. Here are the details. If you know of others, please include in the comments below or email me and I'll add it. Check our preschool database for a list of dozens of preschools in the region.
- St. Catherine of Sienna in Wake Forest will have open houses on Jan. 15 and Jan. 31. Check the website for details.
- All Triangle Goddard School locations have open houses this week. They are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday.
- Primrose School of West Cary, 2511 Hwy 55 in Cary, will have an open house from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., Feb. 7. For more details, call Charlene Or Tori at 919-363-2700.
- The Learning Experience in Apex will hold a curriculum night where parents can learn more about the school and classrooms from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Jan. 17.
- AsheBridge Children's Academy in downtown Cary offers personal tours every morning by appointment. Registration opens to the public on Feb 18.
- Heartwood Montessori near downtown Cary, which offers programs for toddlers to middle schoolers, will have an open house from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. each day during the week of Feb. 4 to Feb. 9.
- Little Pros Academy of Morrisville offers tours each day by appointment. Contact Ashley or Nicole at 919-678-8233.
- Upper Room Christian Academy and Preschool (URCAP) in Raleigh is holding their preschool open house at 6:30 p.m., Tuesday and then once a month through August. Tours also are available daily by appointment. Call Brandy Wooden at 919-829-6226 to schedule.
- Cary Presbyterian Preschool has several informational tours scheduled this month. The 30-minute tours start at 10 a.m. and are Jan. 10, Jan. 14, Jan. 17, Jan. 23, Jan. 28, Feb. 1 and Feb. 7. Children are welcome. Call the preschool office to schedule a tour at 919-469-2229 or check the website for information.
- The Children's Place of Macedonia Baptist Church, 7100 Holly Springs Rd. in Raleigh, will hold open houses at 10 a.m., Jan. 8, Jan. 9 and Jan. 10.
- Triangle Academy Preschool at Kildaire Farm and Penny roads in Cary will have open houses Jan. 23 to Jan. 25, but tours are available any day by appointment.
- St. Marks UMC Preschool, 4801 Six Forks Rd. in Raleigh, will hold its open house Jan. 23 and 24. Information and tours are always available by contacting the school directly.
- Montessori Children’s House of Durham, 2800 Pickett Rd., will hold an open house from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., Jan. 13.
- Millbrook Baptist Preschool, 1519 E. Millbrook Rd. in Raleigh, will hold an open house from 10 a.m. to noon, Jan. 18. The school also will offer a free music and movement class that same day from 10:45 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. The phone number is 919-876-4030.
For many Durham preschools, check out the Stir Crazy Moms Guide to Durham. They've got a great list on the right side of their blog ... scroll down to see it.