Local News

Power failure in HVAC units causes two small fires at Methodist University

Posted July 21

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

Map

— A partial power failure led to two small fires Thursday afternoon on the campus of Methodist University in Fayetteville, but city officials said there were no reports of injuries or damage.

Fire crews responded to the campus, which is on Ramsey Street, at about 1:30 p.m. after getting calls about fires in Davis Memorial Library and Keith Allison Hall.

Officials said the fires were caused by partial power failures that led to the overheating of multiple HVAC units.

Fire officials were on scene Thursday afternoon clearing buildings from smoke and making sure there were no other risks from the power failure.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all