I am checking and double checking all of our big plans for our event at North Hills from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday!
We have so much fun in store and a big new addition: A fire truck courtesy of Raleigh Fire Department (our friends at First-In Fire Company, who were with us during so many events, have moved on to bigger and better things).
Most of the action will happen from about 10 a.m. to noon or so. Here is the line up!
- 9 a.m.: North Hills Kids sets up big foam blocks for kids to play with under a big tent.
- 9:15 a.m.: A free Stroller Strides class from Fit4Mom - Midtown Raleigh for moms and their stroller-riding kids.
- 10 a.m. to noon: An ambulance from UNC Rex, a Wake County Sheriff's Office vehicle and a Raleigh fire truck arrive for the kids to explore. Crafts and activities from Flour Power Kids Cooking Studio and Peak City Sitters.
- 10 a.m.: A free Music Together class for kids and their adults.
- 11 a.m.: A free All Sports Little Starts program from Raleigh parks.
- 12:30 p.m.: A free storytime from Quail Ridge Books (now at North Hills).
We also will be collecting new socks and underwear - all sizes - for Note in the Pocket, a wonderful local nonprofit that provides clothing to impoverished and homeless kids in Wake County.
You will find us on the Commons from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday. The address is 4150 Main at North Hills St., Raleigh.