North Hills Kids, the weekday play time at Raleigh's North Hills, has launched for the season. And, as usual, Go Ask Mom will play a part!
We have two events scheduled during North Hills Kids:
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday, May 16, in the Commons area across from North Hills' movie theater and behind Starbucks and Ben & Jerry's
- 10 a.m. to noon, Tuesday, July 5, in Midtown Park next to Chuy's
We'll also be offering all kinds of free activities from 8 a.m. to noon, Saturday, July 9, at North Hills' Midtown Farmers Market.
So what's in store for next week, May 16? A lot of free fun for you and the kiddos. We'll have:
- An ambulance from UNC Rex and a Wake County Sheriff's Office vehicle for the kids to explore
- Crafts and activities from Flour Power Kids Cooking Studio and Peak City Sitters
- A free Stroller Strides class at 9:15 a.m. for moms and their kids
- A free Music Together class at 10 a.m.
- A free All Sports Little Starts program from Raleigh parks at 11 a.m.
- A free storytime from Quail Ridge Books (now at North Hills) around 12:30 p.m. (check back on the timing of that!)
- Big foam blocks for the kids to play with.
We also will be collecting new socks and underwear - all sizes, including adult - for Note in the Pocket, which provides clothes to needy Wake County school children - from kindergartners to high school seniors and their younger siblings.
Most of the activities will happen between 10 a.m. to noon. Stay tuned for more details! I look forward to seeing lots of Go Ask Mom readers out there!
North Hills Kids runs 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday, Wednesday and Friday, through the end of July.