WRAL's Sockett earns Technology Leadership Award
Posted April 7, 2013
Updated October 9, 2015
Capitol Broadcasting and WRAL-TV are known throughout the broadcasting industry as leaders in technology and innovation. We congratulate our Director of Engineering and Operations, Peter Sockett, honored with the 2013 Technology Leadership Award from Broadcasting & Cable. Sockett is one of six top technologists in B&C's 2013 awards class honored for leading the transformation of television and bringing innovation and collaboration into day-to-day operation.
Broadcasting & Cable said:
The 2013 class of leaders “offers a diverse look at what it means to be a technical innovator in the television industry. One quality unites them, their willingness to embrace the collaborative process of innovation, a commonality that is increasingly important to the TV business as it struggles to adapt to a rapidly changing video and technical landscape.”
Here are just a few of Peter's accomplishments since joining Capitol Broadcasting in 2003.
- WRAL, City of Raleigh launch nation’s first public application of mobile DTV
- WRAL-TV first commercial television station in the U.S. to demonstrate the future, life-saving Mobile Emergency Alert System
- Renovation and digital rebuild of WRAL-TV facility wins Emmy Award for Engineering Excellence
- WRAL introduces multi-platform, multi-channel Election Night coverage
WRAL's legacy of innovation started in 1956
- Interactive: 50 Years of Station History
- WRAL-TV first television station in the nation to go high-definition
- WRAL redefines local news with all-HD newsroom